Good starter kegging kit in Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you located? I found kegs on kijiji for pretty cheap and picked up a used 10lb co2 tank filled filled for about 50 bucks.

In saying that, I order most of my hardware from OBK.

Where are you located? I found kegs on kijiji for pretty cheap and picked up a used 10lb co2 tank filled filled for about 50 bucks.

In saying that, I order most of my hardware from OBK.

I am in Toronto. The thing about buying the keg on kijiji is, i don't know anything about how to test it, unless it is like half the price i think its best to avoid the headache and buy from a trusted source

OBK is great. ya you can piece together some hobbled crap from craigslist or just pay for new stuff...

just depends on the budget, where are you chilling the keg? you might want to consider a better faucet then that thing, but hey it prolly works fine.

Hey guys, i am getting tired of bottling and i need some advice buying my first Kegging setup.

Is this a good first kit? And is this a good deal for this kit?

http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Cobra_Tap_Complete_Kit_with_Cornelius_Keg_p/kitcobra.htm

I appreciate all the help i can get with this, i have no keg equipment whatsoever and looks like this would cover all my needs.

Thanks

Yup. That set up would do it for you, and it is similar to how I got my start in kegging.

Pros:
  1. Easy to clean
  2. Easy to modify for line balancing
  3. No fridge alterations or Freon worries

Cons:
  1. I have yet to find a cobra tap that hasn't began to drip or leak after a few weeks worth of use. They are fine for a party, but not everyday use IMO
  2. No pretty taps to impress you friends

OBK is a stand up company, btw! Keep watching for the holiday sales!

OBK is great. ya you can piece together some hobbled crap from craigslist or just pay for new stuff...

just depends on the budget, where are you chilling the keg? you might want to consider a better faucet then that thing, but hey it prolly works fine.

I am chilling the keg in a second fridge i have in my basement, i removed all shelves and now i use it for cold crashing.

I am really on a budget for this so i don't mind if the faucet drips a little, i can always upgrade later, right?

Yup. You can also just store the cobra tap in a half glass of diluted starsan or something, and wipe it clean before use.

It aint pretty, but it works.

Pinlock setup is on sale right now: http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Cobr...Lock_Corny_Keg_p/plk-cobra-complete-w-keg.htm

Thanks i just saw that too!!

So, pinlock does not have pressure relief system, is that a big deal? why do i need it at all?

I am tempted to buy this pinlock right now, how does one system differ from the other?

Thanks for the help guys, i decided to buy the pin lock kit, $220 with taxes and shipping seem like a good deal to me.

Now i need to learn how to use the thing! lol

Nope. No oxyclean required. I just starsan/iodophor mine after some good ole' fashion scrubbing with a brush. I do recommend a dip tube brush, though.

Cool, that was helpful.

I guest using only StarSan between batches is not enough right? Oxiclean is required too?

pbw also comes highly reccomended, or beer line cleaner or pretty well any alkaline based cleaner for the biologics.

Latest posts

Back