Kegco digital display says E4?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sejasba

Reaction score
Anyone have a kegco kegerator with digital display? Mine says E4. At first I just tried hitting the F/C button to change Fahrenheit to Celsius and back, and it went away, but then it comes right back. Seems like an error code but the manual and google searching comes back with zilch.

My Kegco did the same thing. I unplugged it when I went on vacation and when I plugged it back in after I got back, it behaved exactly like you're describing. It was still under warranty, so I called them and they said it was a bad defrost sensor and they could send someone out to replace it. But after it had been plugged in for a few days the problem seemed to clear itself up. I chalked it up to it going a little haywire because of being unplugged for a while. It's been fine for months now since. How long has yours been doing this? And did you happen to have it unplugged prior?

i haven't unplugged it. i noticed it earlier in the week, but i'm not sure how long it's been doing it.

just got off the phone with them. they said unplug it for 24 hours and then see what happens. if it still comes up afterwards, they said it's a fairly simple repair to replace the sensors on the main board and they'll email the service manual so i can do that myself. so we'll see...

Latest posts

Back