I have finally joined!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SocalianMike

Reaction score
Hi all,

Mike from San Diego. Been brewing for nearly 5 years with a few breaks here and there. Scaled up quickly in the beginning and 10 gallon batches were too much for one man. Getting back into it and ready to make some seriously good beer. I figured now is the time to join to get feedback and help out where I can. Look forward to sharing all my findings, tips and tricks and learning from many of you experienced brewers!

Welcome (back) to the addiction. This place is a great resource for pretty much everything. Beer and otherwise that you could possibly need to know. Plus being a diversified bunch you can find people pretty much qualified to answer any and all questions you may come up with.
Cheers
Gil

Welcome to the forum. What kind of beers do you like?
I am a big fan of beers with coffee, especially stouts and anyone who does it right (Huss Brewing, AZ with a coffee kolsch). I travel as often as possible to other cities for beer so I am in most appreciation of a unique style done well (wet hops in Denver). Many I.P.A.'s can taste similiar so I like when they are different. Finally Sours are growing on me, same with the Gose. I use Tavour so it's been a great way lately to keep up with new rare beers from everywhere.

I am a big fan of beers with coffee, especially stouts and anyone who does it right (Huss Brewing, AZ with a coffee kolsch). I travel as often as possible to other cities for beer so I am in most appreciation of a unique style done well (wet hops in Denver). Many I.P.A.'s can taste similiar so I like when they are different. Finally Sours are growing on me, same with the Gose. I use Tavour so it's been a great way lately to keep up with new rare beers from everywhere.

I am passing through AZ on a trip in a few weeks, may see f I can find that beer. Tavour, is that an app?

Tavour is a website, you subscribe you like Groupon, they send you an e-mail and you say I want the beer or nothing. I went to AZ and checked out 9 breweries and discovered Huss Brewing for the Coffee Kolsch, EVERYONE was talking about that beer.

I would strongly suggest The Beer Research Institute while going through Phoenix. Best sours in Phoenix goes to Arizona Wilderness. Last brewery shout out goes to 8-bit, unique awesome brewery that takes their theme all the way with good different beers.

Actually my trip is TO San Diego, I didn't notice your city the first time I read your post. Planning to visit Green Flash and Ballast Point. I will check out the website, thanks. I spent a week in AZ some years back but I had just started really taking brewing seriously and didn't try too many new beers.

Actually my trip is TO San Diego, I didn't notice your city the first time I read your post. Planning to visit Green Flash and Ballast Point. I will check out the website, thanks. I spent a week in AZ some years back but I had just started really taking brewing seriously and didn't try too many new beers.

Ohhh nice. Ya Green Flash is cool, they have a free bus that takes you to their experiment facility, "Cellar 3". Highly recommended if you like the more rare type beers, all barrel aged beers and sours.

Also must recommend
-Modern Times Brewery in Pt. Loma
-Coronado Brewing (Knoxville Location) near Modern Times Brewing.

When you visit Ballast Point off Mirimar;
-AleSmith is around the corner
-Mike Hess Brewing (original brewery) is on the way,
-PureProject is on the way, new brewery rather impressive line-up for a start-up, (Amplified Aleworks just opened is 1 door over)

Near Green Flash is Rough Draft Brewing, good Medium outfit with solid beers.

We have probably around 100-110 unique breweries, I been to around 85 so far. Let me know if you need any more help or ideas figuring out where to go.

Back