Kitchen Sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exc503

Reaction score
This is less recipe advice more general discussion I guess, but I have a bunch of leftover ingredients, mix and match grain/hops, bought to much, didn't label correctly etc, over the past couple of years (before everyone freaks, they have been vacuum sealed) and need to make space, was going to pitch it all into a "kitchen sink" batch (with some 2row base) and hope for the best. Has anybody else ever done this, how did you make out?

Just bottled a kitchen sink IPA two days ago. I had a lot of left over hops from some kits that were all similar. It tasted good from the gravity sample so I am hopeful. Either way I have more beer and more freezer space.

I do a kitchen sink beer about once a year. Like yourself just to clean out space and use up old ingredients. I actually have one on tap right now. Its a nice drinkable pale ale.

1.3 kg Maris Otter
900 g Oats
875 g Munich
855 g Vienna
300 g Wheat
100 g Crystal 80

Bittered with magnum. Then additions of Ahtanum, Cascade, and Mandarina Bavaria mixed together at 20mins, 5mins, flameout, and dryhop.

Thank you, at least I know there will be a prospect of drinkability.

Back