Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cheese Making Forum > Cheese Press

Old 02-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
sausageman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Press

It doesn't give any pressure measurements in my manual. Gives me alot of information on not using it for any purpose other then sausage filling :~) So whats this gallon of water and coffe can method ? Like you say sounds as thou will be trial and error. Personally thou think it would work pretty slick. Thanks for your help.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
jezter6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

In all the searching I've found, you get a basic mold with the kit and just put a bunch of random crap on it for weight - usually a gallon jug of water on top of a bunch of thick heavy books. Size/Weight ratio - a gallon jug of water should be a good bang for your buck.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #13
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Let's try this.. I stopped by a local restaurant and got a plastic jar that salad dressing came in. I cut it off at the right height ( short enough to fit in my homemade cheese press), and drilled small holes around the bottom side. I have a wooden follower that fits into the cylinder. the screw of my press pushes on this. The follower fits the inside of the cylinder very closely.

I put all the pressure I can on there with a hand screw. As long as curd doesn't blow out the top, you're OK. I envy your machine. Wish I was the owner of a Dick sausage stuffer.