• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York 10 Gal Electric kettles w/elements and Cooler mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcman73

Reaction score
I just upgraded my brewing setup to 20 Gallon kettles and I am selling my 10 Gallon brew kettle, HLT kettle and 10 Gallon plastic cooler MT, all three are less than 2 years old. They are in great condition, there are no dents in either kettles or gouges. The MT has no cracks in the liner or any warpage. I modified the BK and HLT with 5500 ULW elements, they are not welded on. The kettle with the sight glass is what I used as my HLT, the sight glass (which is not glass) will come with the kettle.

- HLT: The two bulk heads in the front of the kettle are sanitary welded on from Spike Brewing (the label had come off). there is a hole in the top of the lid of the kettle where I had a 1/2 inch bulk head installed to recirculate water during heating. The elements are stainless except for the base of it. The element and housing are complete and are ready to plug into a panel. It will come with the sight glass (the tube is not glass) as shown in the picture. There are no valves or temp probes/thermometers that are included with the kettle. The welded bulkheads in front are 1/2 inch. The bottom welded on bulkhead is threaded all the way through so you can add a whirlpool or pickup tube to it. Handles are riveted on.

BK: The two bulk heads in the front of the kettle are sanitary welded on from Spike Brewing (the label had come off). There is a bulk head at the top of the kettle that is not welded on, it's threaded on. It will come with the valve as shown in the picture, I used this is whirlpool/recirculate hot wort through my CFC to cool it. The element and housing are complete and are ready to plug into a panel. There are no valves or temp probes/thermometers that are included with the kettle except for the one valve at the top bulkhead as pictured. The welded bulkheads in front are 1/2 inch. The bottom welded on bulkhead is threaded all the way through so you can add a whirlpool or pickup tube to it. Handles are riveted on.

MT: The 10 gal Home Depot cooler is what I used as my Mash Tun. It will come with the stainless steel domed false bottom that's in the picture and the bulk head but no valve. There is a hole though the cooler towards the top where I had another bulkhead installed and I used it to sparge. There are no cracks in the liner of the cooler and it is in excellent condition. The lid screws on.

If you buy all three items at once, I am looking for $360 for all three + shipping. (If you're in Long Island, NY we can arrange meeting/pickup)

If you want to buy them individually, below are the prices for each item:

MT: $50 + Shipping
HLT: $170 + Shipping
BK: $160 + Shipping

Send me a private message if your interested or need any more information.

Thanks!

20151101_105957.jpg

20151101_110005.jpg

20151101_110011.jpg

20151101_110017.jpg

20151101_110033.jpg

20151101_110039.jpg

20151101_110045.jpg

20151101_110056.jpg

20151101_110108.jpg

Back