best size of fermentation vessel for 31.5 gallons of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 would be fine I think. How are you going to control temperature?

That will depend on the size of the fermentor, If it will fit in an upright fridge or freezer, I'll control temp that way, If not I'll custom build a unit out of lumber insulation and figure it out from there,

Have you looked at the dimensions of the conicals? I'm pretty positive you wouldn't even be able to fit a 27 gallon conical in a conventional fridge / freezer. Custom construction would be the way to go. I've been in a coop for almost 10 years, 1.5 BBL group, and those things are massive. We let them free-stand in a basement room for fermenting on leg extensions.

Have you looked at the dimensions of the conicals? I'm pretty positive you wouldn't even be able to fit a 27 gallon conical in a conventional fridge / freezer. Custom construction would be the way to go. I've been in a coop for almost 10 years, 1.5 BBL group, and those things are massive. We let them free-stand in a basement room for fermenting on leg extensions.

I was just looking at a 40 SS, It said custon built for a freezer, Its also 1043.00.
If Im going to spend alot of money it will be for a 3 barrel systerm

looking at plastic 40 gal at us plastics for now :)

I have been looking into something like this. Put the smaller in the larger in a water bath with a temp control to a pump for temp control. Or build a cheap box with osb and foam board to keep them in.
link

I have been looking into something like this. Put the smaller in the larger in a water bath with a temp control to a pump for temp control. Or build a cheap box with osb and foam board to keep them in.
link

I was looking at that style for the 15 gallon, it will fit in my mini fridge right now, I'll look at those tomarrow, thanks for the link.

Back