Cool Glassware, Mt. Hood Pint Glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTexBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...Feb+05&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Got this in an email from Kickstarter today.

I'm a backer now! Supposed to ship in June.

5d5ae8f02bb576f210f3283ec0d9081b_large.jpg

Man I would love to get a few of those since my Blonde Ale is hopped exclusively with Mt. Hood hops, but I can't justify dropping $70 on 2 glasses.

I loved their generic not-really-saying-anything "Risks and Challenges" statement. I think their biggest risk is charging $35 for a glass...

It is kinda cool though. The light shining through that beer makes it look like the surface of Venus!:tank:

There's a Uranus joke in there somewhere, but I haven't brewed a smoky porter in some time. :drunk:

Cool glass, but I agree the price is a bit hefty.

It's an awesome looking glass, but my single glass cost limit is about 20 bucks below their price point.

I checked in on this thing again. I guess all the complaints about the price haven't held true to all the contributors in the kickstarter. They are up to 395K raised on a 15K kickstarter. This to me is simply amazing for the development of a single glass style.

I checked in on this thing again. I guess all the complaints about the price haven't held true to all the contributors in the kickstarter. They are up to 395K raised on a 15K kickstarter. This to me is simply amazing for the development of a single glass style.

I think they are probably in for some severe growing pains trying to fill all these orders...but good for them! Those are pretty damn cool.

I think they are probably in for some severe growing pains trying to fill all these orders...but good for them! Those are pretty damn cool.

I added up all the rewards for June delivery: 7,549 glasses. Assuming 10 minutes per glass for creation (I've never blown glass, but that sounds like a low estimate) that would be 1,258 hours. I think they're going to find out why you don't see large production runs of hand-blown glassware.

Love it!

But I'm not paying 50 bucks to get a pint glass, coaster and shipping.

I'd pay up to 20 dollars for the pint glass though.

Back