DIY Drip Plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjbrewer

Reaction score
So I decided to take a stab at making my own drip plate. It took a lot of coaxing for the wife'ys permission to convert picnic taps to faucets so another 60-80 bucks just didn't seem worth asking for.

I have to admit this wasn't my idea but I did engineer the fridge mount. The drip grate is a maple 14" floor register ($20.00) and the frame is MDF. I sealed the register with a piece of plexi glass ($4.50) cut to fit tightly. I sealed the bottom with clear permatex silicone. I plan on attaching it with screws and double sided tape to distribute the weight.

This has not been tested, so no guarantees it will work in the end. I just applied the silicone and put on a coat of paint. I will post results once alpha testing is complete.

8y3MXuN.jpg
[/IMG]
ZwxJ3V0.jpg
[/IMG]
UgGAacm.jpg
[/IMG]
w4SXmOW.jpg
[/IMG]

Does the maple top seperate from the register easily? Can you remove the slats in the register? It doesn't look like this will be easy to clean.

Yeah the register is just going to sit freely in the frame. I will just rinse it as needed. The maple came pre lacquered.

Funny, I did something similar but using a magnetic tool box tray with the vent cover

image.jpg

Looks good! The one change I think I would have made would be to spray paint the register with some chrome or other metallic spray paint so it matches the taps.

Back