Midnight Wheat in Munich Dunkel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobdee

Reaction score
Probably not traditional but I have some I want to use up and I'm thinking of switching my recipe from 2% carafa III to Midnight Wheat. Anyone use this for their dark lagers?

Probably not traditional but I have some I want to use up and I'm thinking of switching my recipe from 2% carafa III to Midnight Wheat. Anyone use this for their dark lagers?

Did you end up doing this? I'm getting ready to make my first dunkel and am on the fence between using 2% Midnight Wheat or 2% Carafa special III.

Yes I did and I couldn't really tell any difference in flavor, probably because it was such a little amount at 2%. I did 90% dark Munich, 8% Pilsner and 2% Midnight Wheat.

Yes I did and I couldn't really tell any difference in flavor, probably because it was such a little amount at 2%. I did 90% dark Munich, 8% Pilsner and 2% Midnight Wheat.

That's kind of what I expected. Thanks a bunch for the reply!

Back