Did I get wrong RTD?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
I ordered a pid and RTD from Aubrins.I told the woman what I was doing and she sold me a 1/4 metric thread. RTD.She said just drill a hole in kettle and screw it in.Should I have gotten this bulkhead and a different RTD.Or does it not make a difference.Its in shipping now so Ill have to return it when it shows up if the other way is better.(I got the braided with XLR connections)http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0YCoBA&usg=AFQjCNH8DzpMzEE2NY5xADbPGfpbNfKVxQ

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_15&products_id=85

if you already drilled a 1/2" hole then its the wrong one... if not then just drill the correct size hole and screw it in no bulkhead needed... its built in, problem solved

I used M14 metric RTD sensors originally because they were the cheapest I could find ($6 shipped with braided stainless cable but with no quick disconnect) I have since gone to the ones with the quick disconnects and without the braided cable which kinks easily which coincidentally were 1/2". I just drilled bigger holes to install them... The smaller ones would work great everywhere but in my rims setup were the 1/2" NPT is easier to install without modifications from metric threads

I just realised those RTD connectors are actually 3x the price through auber vs ordering direct from china...
Not trying to be a jerk and I know you stated wait time was the reason but if you had just ordered the $17 ones (http://www.ebay.com/itm/380938165742?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT) two weeks ago when you were asking about them you would have had them already vs paying $47 a piece for them+ shipping for the same ones through auber with (in my opinion) inferior cable shielding.... Mine only took about 10 days to arrive.... if you order more of these you may want to consider this... plus you can use your bulkheads although there really is still no need... both the $17 ones I referred you to and the one you linked come with weldless fittings built in instead of tapered NPT threads.

Thanks auggie.Ill keep the one I have coming.Ya if I ordered the china ones they would have been here by now. I have a gift card I need to use or loose so no big deal. How is it up there? They mentioned something about a little snow LOL.

Thanks auggie.Ill keep the one I have coming.Ya if I ordered the china ones they would have been here by now. I have a gift card I need to use or loose so no big deal. How is it up there? They mentioned something about a little snow LOL.

were I live we just got a dusting... 10 minutes south of me as well as were I was hunting at my cabin earlier when the snow hit we got 69" in 2 days.... was not fun! Couldnt hunt! drank lots of homebrew though....and I was thankful I have a lifted 4x4 pickup truck.

Back