Tampa Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cigar city for sure and Dunedin brewery isn't too far away. Cool little town on the bay and you could go over to clearwater pretty easily from there.

I'll be in Tampa/Palm Harbor for a work trip in January. Definitely waiting to see where this thread goes. Are there any special releases for CC in January?

Cigar City is excellent, but the real action is on the other side of the bay. Click this link and see all the small craft breweries we have here:

http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/articles/st-peteclearwater-craft-beer-trail

There is a big bike path (Pinellas Trail) that runs north to south, from Tarpon Springs to the pier in St. Pete, and it goes right past most of these. So if you don't mind a 75 mile round trip, you can drink at all the breweries and get your exercise too. There is also the Jolley Trolly, which will take your druck arse up and down the same path; it's meant for pub crawls.

I'd say Green Bench is my current favorite, but all of them are great. If you can't do the entire beer tour here, at least get into Dunedin. You can walk to Dunedin Brewery (expect bands on the wkends), 7eventh Sun (mostly belgians), and the House of Beer (not a brewery, but about 75 craft beers on tap). And of course, you can walk down to the beach from there. And right between Dunedin Brewery and 7eventh sun is a new distillery that just opened, Cotherman Distilling Co. (Mike Cotherman is a friend of mine and also a member here).

Cigar City is excellent, but the real action is on the other side of the bay. Click this link and see all the small craft breweries we have here:

http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/articles/st-peteclearwater-craft-beer-trail

There is a big bike path (Pinellas Trail) that runs north to south, from Tarpon Springs to the pier in St. Pete, and it goes right past most of these. So if you don't mind a 75 mile round trip, you can drink at all the breweries and get your exercise too. There is also the Jolley Trolly, which will take your druck arse up and down the same path; it's meant for pub crawls.

I'd say Green Bench is my current favorite, but all of them are great. If you can't do the entire beer tour here, at least get into Dunedin. You can walk to Dunedin Brewery (expect bands on the wkends), 7eventh Sun (mostly belgians), and the House of Beer (not a brewery, but about 75 craft beers on tap). And of course, you can walk down to the beach from there. And right between Dunedin Brewery and 7eventh sun is a new distillery that just opened, Cotherman Distilling Co. (Mike Cotherman is a friend of mine and also a member here).

OMG that is amazing, I need to visit my parents in treasure island/clearwater ASAP.

Don't forget Tampa Bay Brewing Company in Tampa. Great beer and a great place to eat as well. It has been on Diners, Drive In's and Dive ' s and is well worth the trip.

Back