What kind of hose do you use from your Regulator to your bank of Secondaries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what hoses everyone uses from their regulator to their secondaries? I've seen Air Hoses and High Pressure Hoses. What do you use and why?

I use rubber air hose because that is what I had laying around...This is what fascinates me most about homebrewers. Ask a homebrewer what they use for a certain build or equipment and you'll have the most inventive answer with three possible solutions. Dennis Leary once said, "They say Marijuana leads to other drugs....No it leads to carpentry!" I think the same could be said for homebrewing. That it leads to carpentry. :mug:

My vinyl hoses get extremely stiff in the fridge, it's a bit of a pain. Not enough of a pain to re-run it all, but if i had to do it over again...

Depending on wall thickness, etc, regular old vinyl hose is generally rated between 50-150psi. So it's more than good enough for the primary-secondary hose.

Back