Heeyyoo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ski12568

Reaction score
Good Day,

I have learned a lot from these forums so I decided to register. I started with a NB starter kit and a few extra free items from some "quitters" and am slowly buying better equipment to brew with. Ive done 4 batches now with extract and specialty grains and just bought a BIAB bag to dabble with all grain brewing. My next purchase will be jugs for 1 gallon batches so I can become familiar with the different flavors of things such as yeasts, hops and adding hops at different times, and grains. Bottling 5 gallons of training beer doesn't sound exciting so 1 gallon of beer and a few large bottles should keep me interested as I learn. Thanks for all your help since I found you all and thanks in advance, Im sure I will have questions.

Welcome! 1 gallon is pretty small. It's almost as much work (or at least time) as doing 3.5 or 5 gallon batches. The upside is that you can brew more often with smaller batches. You will probably be brewing once or twice a week!

Back