Worst Infection - EVER!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Perhaps you're thinking the thread title was a bit of hyperbole. You be the judge. Yes, those are devil spawn maggots.

This isn't mine. I've never brewed in a bucket. Found this through Reddit. Note: 1080p is available in the options while playing - woot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the HBT community should pitch in and send that person Papazian's book. S/he clearly missed something along the way...

alot of societies eat maggots, so they cant be that bad for you :D

Huh? You mean this isn't normal? Crap, guess I've been doing this wrong the whole time.

You totally should have used the "Does my batch look infected?" title, but I supposed that would have made it more difficult to search for later on when I feel like barfing again. :drunk:

What makes it really disgusting is that he was going to rack out the beer from under the maggots and consume it!

3725411-1975299488-no.gi.gif

I doubt that batch ever fermented? I could see maggots living in wort, but not beer?

I was thinking the same thing. You all are a bunch of sissies... who's never eaten the worm at the bottom of the tequila bottle?!:ban:

Does it make it worse that he titled his video "Hefty amount of maggots in fermentor"? As if a few was normal?

This is just a new seasonal craft brew. Halloween brew.

The only way I could see this even happening is if he just flat out didn't clean a fermentor at all and racked to it. I mean even some PBW, Oxiclean, or even dish soap would have made it hard for larva to remain. It's like he's been aging trub for generations.

I doubt that batch ever fermented? I could see maggots living in wort, but not beer?

This. I'm guessing he forgot to pitch his yeast or something because those things would probably be dead from the alcohol.

If it did make beer and he bottles it he should make sure to put at least one in each bottle though.

Back