Mein Bierwagen (Portable Keezer for party's)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hausofstrauss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I throw our annual Strausstoberfest party every year on the last Saturday in September. This occurs during the traditional Oktoberfest celebration. Oktoberfest is synonymous with beer, awesome food and a certain amount of over the top pomp and circumstance. For the last part, I decided that the beer I’ve spent the last 2+ months caring for MUST have a grand entrance.

I'll update this thread with each step of the build, but you'll get the gist with these pictures.

Here I am rolling out the Bierwagen. Notice the tap handles I made in the post Super Easy Tap Handles.

015-1-Roll-out-the-Bierwagen-300x278.jpg

Here I am “tapping the keg” with my son looking on. o’zapft is!

015-1-Tapping-the-Bier-292x300.jpg

The “rolling chassis”

015-1-Rolling-chassis-300x169.jpg

The Bierwagen works in concert with my Keezer Dolly.

015-1-Keezer-dolly-onto-Bierwagen-300x169.jpg

Nothing too novel here, just another keezer collar and my Ranco temperature controller mounted on back.

015-1-Ranco-mounted-on-back-300x169.jpg

Part 1: Introduction

Part 2: Building of the frame
*Detail print download and cut list are in this post

Part 3: Bicycle wheel attachment

Part 4: Getting the keezer onto the Bierwagen

Part 5: Keezer collar

Part 6: Storage of the Bierwagen

Awesome - and I love the lederhosen too!
Smart sensible and easy to build - you obviously have plenty of room to store it. Too bad I only have a 2bed 1 bath 6k lot. ; (

Brew on mein fellow bier lover!

Maierhof Brau

Awesome - and I love the lederhosen too!
Smart sensible and easy to build - you obviously have plenty of room to store it. Too bad I only have a 2bed 1 bath 6k lot. ; (

Brew on mein fellow bier lover!

Maierhof Brau

I actually DON'T have plenty of room. The last post will show how I collapse the thing for storage under my deck. I don't have pictures of the process, but I'll document in the coming weeks when I pull it out for this years party.

PROST!

Are those welded to the brackets?

- Jack
...this is going to be expensive...

No, not welded. I cut a slot in the bars and used the cam locks on the axles to secure them. I did need to add some washers to add thickness though. The blog post shows this more clearly.

well done sir. Do you yell out "Oh Zapft Es!" as you pour the first pint? If you dont, you should.

Absolutely!! I have the guests all count down "Eins, zwei, drei" then I pour the first beer while announcing "Oh Zapft Es!".

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person with an Oktoberfest problem. Nice rig you've got there too! We do a group picture as well, but you have to be in German garb to get in. Our party is this Saturday, so I'll hopefully have some pictures to share.

Very nice! Love the outfits too.

If we sometime in the future would find us selves in a post-apocalytpic setting I'd help you push that trolley to wherever you're going, with the keezer of course :)

Back