Got a keg, now what?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyMcBong

Reaction score
A real good friend and fellow brewer had an extra keg that he never used. I tried to buy it from him but he said he'd rather loan it to me indefinitely. I'm sure this will probably leed me down an expensive path...

Anyway, how can I use this thing for the least initial expense? I have two 12oz paintball tanks and a C0-2-go adapter.

My thought was naturally carb and use gas from the small tank to push the bevvie from the keg. That way I'd just need a picnic tap and some way to attach the c02 tank to the keg? That sound right?

IMG-20140822-00102.jpg

I would recommend something like this. It comes with everything you need, but don't have. This keg looks like a ball lock, so state that in the settings. I would also recommend upgrading to the 10' of beer line, as the longer line will help reduce foaming over the 5'. If you want to buy piece wise, just replace the items in this kit.

I'm in the same situation, just picked up my first keg. Got the equivalent bare bones version of that kit from AIH with a Paintball adapter for my 20oz tank.

If anybody has advice for using that specific system with a paintball tank, it would be greatly appreciated. Not to derail the topic, as it may help you as well Smokey, if you go this route. I'm just concerned about safety without having a (as far as I can tell) valve built into the tank like a real 5,10,etc # version does. But, maybe it does and I just don't know what I'm doing... I need an adult :p

Latest posts

Back