Kent Quick Disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scsjohn

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Kent QDs from morebeer.com? They seem inexpensive and will work up to 250deg F. What am I missing? Why not just get these instead of stainless?

I've been using these on my boil keg and pump for a couple of years. Being plastic you have to be a little more careful with them than stainless. I found them by accident surfing the web and bought them directly from Kent Systems. I don't have any plans to change them out; they're working for me.

Thanks for your reply. I bought a lot of them but then cant seem to find many folks who've used them and I was getting worried.

Thank you!

A few in our club use them and like them and have zero issues. I just looked and they aren't that much cheaper than camlocks and I was a bit shocked

My complaint is that on the Kent male connector, the flow is restricted to about the equivalent of ¼ inch diameter on a ½ NPT fitting. Other than that, they have performed well.

I ended up using mine for disconnects on my IC since it has less impact on the 3/8" dia copper tubing.

edit:
I use CPC disconnects for my brewing system.

Back