Mash water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuisLozano13

Reaction score
Hey i have a mash tun with a false bottom like the one in sabco equipments, there is a 0.44 gal of water under the mashtun and I loose about .06 gal of worth that remain in the mash tun every time it brew a batch, those .44 gal that are not in contact with the grain should be added extra? Or just the .06?

Ultimately the goal is to get the correct preboil volume of wort at the anticipated gravity so I would adjust accordingly until you get there. It may man adding an extra half gallon of water or .25lb of grain, just keep tweaking until you hit the numbers you want.

Hey i have a mash tun with a false bottom like the one in sabco equipments, there is a 0.44 gal of water under the mashtun and I loose about .06 gal of worth that remain in the mash tun every time it brew a batch, those .44 gal that are not in contact with the grain should be added extra? Or just the .06?

If .06 gal is what's left in the tun, then that's what needs to be taken into account. I'm not sure why the .44 gal is relevant? Maybe I'm not understanding you fully

Latest posts

Back