Forced Carbonation questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dplch

Reaction score
I just force carbonated my first corny keg (30 psi for 24 hours) and I feel like it's just shy of the carbonation level it needs. How do I increase the carbonation level? Is it as simple as forcing more gas into the keg and letting it sit again? Apologies if these are stupid questions as I am new to kegging. Thanks.

If you want to quickly force carb a keg you literally shake it for 5 minutes or so at a high pressure. I put a towel on my knees and rock and roll. If you want to carb it in keezer make sure it is cold then put it on pressure and let it go for about three days.

If your keg is just shy of where you want it, just set the regulator to the pressure to your target PSI. It will get there. If you try to burst carb it anymore you risk over carbonating.

If your keg is just shy of where you want it, just set the regulator to the pressure to your target PSI. It will get there. If you try to burst carb it anymore you risk over carbonating.

Agreed. If you are wanting to speed it up- do 30psi for 24 hours and then reduce to your target psi for the remainder. When I have done that, I wait around a week to test it.
By far- best way is to set it and forget it. Only takes a few weeks and you don't run the risk of over carbonating.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back