A different kind of propane manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevyWevy

Reaction score
I just got a 100lbs propane tank that I'd like to run my 3 kettle system off of. I'm going for flexibility with this system, so I'm making 3 stands, one for each kettle, so a standard black pipe manifold that most all grain systems use isn't really what I'm looking to make.

In essence, I'd like something like this...*http://imgur.com/bx8UMME*but will hang down rather than up. These only have the small propane hookups for camping stoves and the like and I would need regular fittings for burners with hoses.

So, is there a way for me to buy a fitting to go from the 100lbs tank to black pipe, have the pipe drop a few feet down and then split into 3 fittings for my burner hoses with regulators? Each of the three fittings on the black pipe would need valves as well obviously. I don't think I'd ever need to run all three burners at once, probably just two at a time.

Any thoughts?

Is that a lantern?

You can use pipe fittings and teflon tape to make any shape you want with as many valves as you want.

maybe something like this to connect to propane tank to npt thread.

acmeblack.jpg

If you want hose, look at their COMRI-60 with the red ACME wrenchless tank adapter option.

IMG_1197.JPG

Back