Nitrogen tank drained?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
So got my stout faucet up and running Tuesday...everything is fine even had a nice stout last night. Today I go to pour a Black and Tan and nothing is coming from the nitro tap. Tank gage reads that it has gas, but psi is at zero (was at 27psi). Tried dialing up the pressure and nothing happens. I disconnected the regulator from the cylinder and opened the cylinder and no gas is escaping....weird since when the regulator was connected it read there was still gas.

Any tips? Can a beer gas nitro / co2 combo freeze? I do have the tank inside the keezer so not sure. Also if there was a leak wouldn't it have drained the tank within the first day? I'm very frustrated especially because it took the shop 4 weeks to fill this tank.

4 weeks to fill a tank? See if your nearest welding supply company can do you a 70/25% mix of Nitro and Co2. It literally takes me 5 minutes from when I give them my tank outside to when I pay for it at the counter and I'm out. It's all pure gas, so it won't affect the flavor of the beer or your body in any way other than Nitro/Co2 would affect you normally.

You're in Dallas, there ought to be plenty welding companies around. It'll probably be cheaper too. I personally use AOC, but it looks like their most northern location are in Bryan/College Station and Huntsville.

To find leaks mix you a solution of Dish soap and water, pour it on your regulator, fittings, and keg openings. If you see something bubbling up, that's where your leak is occurring.

Try Metroplex

Just found a place a few minutes from home that filled my tank on the spot. And think I isolated the leak to a bad o-ring on my gas in post on my keg. Though I guess only a few days time will tell....

Back