Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > ugh i think i screwed up again haha
Old 11-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default ugh i think i screwed up again haha

Well this is my third time brewing, my first time was a california commons, but i like left it out in the middle of summer, so i think it got screwed up... it was prolly(this is a way easier way of typing probably, for you old timers) 80 degrees where it was sitting. It tasted off, but kind of had a weird belgian chimay style taste. I wasn't thrilled thought, thinking i would have a anchor steam type of beer. So i then brewed a pale ale, and its in a party pig but i forgot to prime it, haha i was trying to figure out the damn party pig. So i may prime that tonight, hopefully it will carbonate(its been there from the secondary for about a week, maybe more).

So my third beer, all these beers are from kits, is a trad. british ipa with target in the boil and i plan on dry hopping with fuggles. Anyways in the boil, they didnt give me a muslin bag, but they gave me some kind of tablet to put in there.. . i looked it up it was some kind of irish moss that helped clear the beer. I didnt strain the beer when i put it in the primary, and i think i shouldve... just the instructions didn't explicitly say to. Now im in the secondary, and i'm wondering if my beer is ruined. I'm hoping i'll be alright, i used an auto siphon to siphon my primary to the secondary.

Sorry for so many words...

Old 11-13-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
For the love of beer!
Liked 89 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I'm guessing it will "prolly" be fine.

Take more care, time and read a little and you beers will probably be better
Have a beer on me.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Burrowing Owl Brewery
Liked 47 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 88

What orfy said!
I just did a Teach a Friend to Homebrew session where I brewed 2 kits that a local wine supply place is going to start carrying. While doing it I stated that every kit I've ever seen has woefully inadaquite instructions.
So I told them all to go to It will improve your beers considerably.