Converting scaffold to brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just2brew

Reaction score
Lately I have been thinking about a brewery up grade and making a stand probably with some automation. I have access to welders however I think my brew stand may have some trial and error. I feel more comfortable screwing materials together instead of welding, in case modification may be needed.

The thought crossed my mind "perhaps a stand made for another purpose could be utilized to save $$$ and time". Then the northern catalog showed up and I stumbled onto this scaffold:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200441242_200441242

I think dimensions are close to what brew stands usually are. Maybe a little long. I think I could remove the wood from the middle. Then bolt unistrut across, for burners to be supported on. suspend 2 pumps from below. Essentially bolting on add ons to make it a brew strand. I also like the ladders on the side to hang hoses off and maybe access the hlt if I decide to go with one pump. With the ajustable height it may even be able to be stored over the chest freezer when not in use.

Thoughts?
Oppinions?
Anyone done this?

ive seen a few people on here that have used the one from harbor freight. honestly unless you like and have a welder why not do this? its going to cost about the same

Back