imperial coffee vanilla porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVBrewing

Reaction score
I am getting ready to brew a recipe for a imperial vanilla burbon porter. This is recipe that has been around the net for a long time. Im doing a ten gallon batch. Five gallons will be the burbon batch and the other half im gonna play with, wich brings me to my question. Im thinking of doing a vanilla coffee porter, but my main concern about using coffee is all the oils in it that seem to me would destroy head retention in the beer. I thought i would see if anyone has any experience with this before i wast my time brewing a headless porter.

I actually just had a thought. Not sure why im posting it on my own thread but i will anyway. Oil and water does not mix at all so any oil should be floating on top. Brew more coffe than i need and then siphon from the bottom leaving some of the coffee with the oils floating in it.

Back