Do you prefer brewing existing recipes or building your own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer to brew?

• Exclusively my own recipes.

• A mix of my own recipes and other's recipes.

• Exclusively recipes from others (mix of clones and non-clones).

• Exclusively other's recipes (no clones).

• Exclusively clone recipes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
don't think I've ever brewed a recipe line for line from an existing recipe. May be a sickness, but I can't help but to F with it. Even when I'm rebrewing one of my own beers. :p

This is me too. "Wow, this beer I just brewed came out fantastic!! Next time I brew it I should change the recipe!" Definitely an illness. :drunk:

Yep. What trips me up is when I change multiple things at once... my most recent batch of bitter uses different yeast, has a little bit of caramel malt, and biscuit instead of victory. Some aspects are better, some are worse. And it might still just need more time to mature.

This hobby will keep me busy for the rest of time. :tank:

Yep. What trips me up is when I change multiple things at once... my most recent batch of bitter uses different yeast, has a little bit of caramel malt, and biscuit instead of victory. Some aspects are better, some are worse. And it might still just need more time to mature.

This hobby will keep me busy for the rest of time. :tank:

When experimenting, always change one variable at a time :)

We have been brewing for almost 2 years now and we tend to take a collection of recipes in a style and compare them to one another as a starting point... and then tweak it to be our own... Same with most cooking recipes too.. Its just the way I roll ;)

Back