fermenting in mini fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidtwit

Reaction score
I recently acquired a mini fridge that works great for one bucket fermenting. My question is how long do I need to keep the primary in the fridge before I can move it out in order to start another batch? Ambient temp in the house is usually 74-78. Would like to start another batch this weekend, but don't want to move the current one to a too warm area before its time

Since each batch is a bit different from the next, I'd suggest waiting a couple of days after the krausen has fallen before moving it into a warm environment.

That may be as short as the 4th or 5th day after pitching, it could be a week or so. If you rush it into a 74-78*F room too quickly, you could end up with a less than satisfactory result.

I do this too, and I am always wanting to brew more beer than my fridge can hold. I have no issue keeping most primaries to a week or so and moving on to other brews

Back