o2 regulator similar to rebel brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollisBT

Reaction score
I know I saw this on here somewhere before, but now I can't seem to find it anywhere... Does anyone have a link or info for where to buy a medical oxygen regulator with a precision adjustment on it?

And secondly, if I were to piece together a system, do you think I would come out *that* much cheaper than just buying it all from rebel?

Wow, I guess a fool and his money are easily separated.

Here is the typical red bottle setup with an O2 flow meter attached:

image-2767944514.jpg

Here is the larger version attached to a 20lb tank.

image-412002044.jpg

Watch eBay and you can get flow meters for a good price. I think I got the regulator and flow meter for under $50 total.

On another note, from what I've seen with my flow meter and DO meter, the Rebel numbers listed in their chart are way off. To get 12 ppm at 1L/min I'm seeing I need about 3 minutes.

Bigscience said:
Wow, I guess a fool and his money are easily separated.

Indeed they are. Those little disposable tanks cost nearly as much as filling up a 20 cubic foot tank...

I'd much rather spend the money up front than to delude myself that I was saving money with cheaper parts.

I think one of the issues with the disposable tanks for most people is that their flow rates are way too high when they Oxygenate and they'll burn through a tank way quicker and get fewer batches out of them than they should. If you look at it that way, your return on investment for a big setup will depend on how often you brew but to break even on that expensive rebel system would still take you years of weekly brewing. Plus as the previous post shows, you could build something yourself for way cheaper.

Back