15 days, still bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAN99

Reaction score
From what I have read I think I am ok but just wanted some re-assurance...I did my first brew about 15 days ago and have gotten normal fermentation since then based on my research, but am still getting a bubble about once every 40 seconds or so, temp is reading about 63/64 F. This seem ok?

It's either finishing off the last couple points,or just off-gassing. You'll need a hydrometer reading to tell for sure.

Just shifting around on the floor near the vessel can cause it to bubble. The CO2 layer is pretty dense. Take a hydrometer reading then another in 3 days. If they match, it's done fermenting.

Totally fine. You can either whip out actual measuring equipment and check the gravity of the wort compared to your original gravity (if you took one), and then check it again in a few days to see if there's any change...or you can do what I do and just let the fermenter mind its own business for a month. Either way you don't have much to worry about.

All bubbling means is that the pressure inside is higher than outside.

watch this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back