Who's bottling/keging this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EO74

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok im not sure its been done before but after transferring three batches in a row and not wanting to post in Whos Brewing This Weekend thread here goes.....keged a Chez Pils and a "S he W home M ust B e O beyed" cherry wheat and transferd a Revvy/pod cast inspired Vienna for lagering! Who else?:mug:

Ive got a Red Rye going into a Keg this weekend. Looking forward to this one! (I say that for all my beers LOL)

I have to decide, keg or bottle? This is only my second batch, the first I bottled and love it! It's gone now, almost :)

My hefe-weizen has been in the carboy for 3 weeks and smells good; I have a new keg system that I haven't tried, so probably kegging this weekend. Except the keg might have a small leak, and I've been saving 1/2 liter bottles, which will make it faster. Decisions .... better pop another homebrew whilst I decide :mug:

I have to decide, keg or bottle? This is only my second batch, the first I bottled and love it! It's gone now, almost :)

My hefe-weizen has been in the carboy for 3 weeks and smells good; I have a new keg system that I haven't tried, so probably kegging this weekend. Except the keg might have a small leak, and I've been saving 1/2 liter bottles, which will make it faster. Decisions .... better pop another homebrew whilst I decide :mug:

Its funny the reason i started kegging was for ease and to get rid of yeast...but when ever I do a hefe I bottle for the yeast:drunk:

Bottling 5 gallons of a Serrano pepper American Pale Ale! My first attempt at pepper beer. Now I am wondering whether to place a piece of pepper in each bottle. Will know after tasting the beer prior to bottling.

EDIT: Just finished bottling!! Beer tasted great with a mild amount of heat and pepper flavor. I know I was hoping for more of both but I did bottle after only 7 days in the secondary. Sooooooo.... I placed a 1" piece of pepper in the bottles (45) to kick it up a notch (BAM!!).

Will tell the tale in 2-3 weeks...

I kegged the hefe, and put the pressure at 28 psi for a day. Shook it pretty good every now and then. Then lowered it to 10psi.

Now, 48 hours later, the beer is actually drinkable :mug: Hard to believe! Color is good, taste is good, carb is low. But if I was stuck on an island, and this is all I could get, I'd be happy :)

Bottled 5 gallons of IIPA this afternoon. Kind of an Arrogant Bastard-like flavor. I usually use tastybrew.com's priming sugar calculator, but had to eyeball it today because I didn't have my scale with me.

Back