Mexican Cerveza and Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellysrepairs

Reaction score
Ok so my next batch I want a Mexican cerveza for summer time. I was thinking about getting a coopers can 3.3lb I think, and adding 3-4lb light dme. My questions are hops and yeast, havent seen a recipe with hops in it. I have some extra motueka and sorachi ace from my last Hefe that I think would be nice but not sure if it would make it not taste like a Mexican style cerveza. And yeast? I have seen white labs Mexican lager but I cant cold ferment, is there a good ale yeast that would work for this? any input would be great help thanks.:rockin:

Will probably be tough to get the "cerveza" feel you are relating to Mexican beer without lagering. Have you searched for threads that already cover this? Because I think there are probably dozens of them.

I think Mexican lagers usually use the German noble type hops. if you can't use a lager yeast, I'd suggest US-05, or maybe White Labs cream ale blend. if you make it now, put the bottles in the fridge after they carb and leave them till summer, it should be lager like.

This might be the time for me to get creative, I love all the recipes on this site and have used them. Im not quite ready for an AG but a partial mash is possible, im gonna do some more reserch to figure exactly what I want to do and hit yall with a recipe and updates. prob be a week before I get this started . any suggestions???

Back