Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > figgy porter - secondary addition question

Old 02-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
jlfindley74
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default figgy porter - secondary addition question

I have a porter extract kit brew in my primary now. I added 5lbs of figs that had soaked in brandy for months to the last 5 mins of my boil. I used a grain bag for easy management of the removal of the figs.
Then I put the figs in a blender (along with the brandy they had soaked in which I boiled to cook out the alcohol) and made a puree.
Then then puree went into the freezer.
I plan to add this puree to my secondary.
Question: do I need to thaw it out before adding it to the beer when I put it in the secondary? Does it have to be a certain temp? Are there any other "precautions" or steps I should take before adding this puree to my secondary?