SE Nebraska Group Buy Round 2 - Page 18 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > SE Nebraska Group Buy Round 2
Cool Brewing Corny 5G & Mini Giveaway
Sign-up To NEW HBT Article Newsletter - Brewing Articles Direct To You!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #171
bbrim
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 885
iTrader: (0)
Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default

Next weekend I will brew a pale ale, black saison and big hoppy witbier.


bbrim is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #172
Stovetop535
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 331
iTrader: (3)
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I have been in the recipe section on here lately. Every time I spend an evening reading through threads I end up with a handfull of beers I want to make.

Yesterday I made the Cream of Three Crops Recipe. Last week I made the Strawberry Alarm Clock V3.0. Next week I am planning on making an American Wheat.

I am making beer for a graduation party in may. I also have a Blegian Golden Strong that I need to bottle next week. Hopefully it will carb up by May.

Links to the recipes...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=f&rct=j&url=http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/all-grain-cream-three-crops-cream-ale-66503/&q=&esrc=s&ei=b0lGUbSFGIeE2QWvkYAo&usg=AFQjCNGz 17-EHZUoNHm4AeVsQ23vgAktqw

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f75/stra...blonde-132129/.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f70/amer...tition-238940/


Stovetop535 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #173
distributistdad
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Hello all -- since many of you are fellow Lincolnites, I have a couple of first generation jars of saved yeast / slurry WLP 500 that I'd love to trade somebody for and neutral English or American Ale yeast.

The WLP500 was in a 1.048 witbier that chewed her down to about 1.009 in 10 days with no starter. I collected this on Friday night, so it's quite fresh.

Any takers?
__________________
Primaries: St. Servatius Belgian Strong
Carboies: Ed Wort's Apflwein,. Nierra Sevada (2)
Bottled: Nut Brown, St. Lawrence Wit, ESB, Irish Red, Red Rabbit Pale Ale, Spiced Belgian Brown, Nierra Sevada
Up Next: Elevenses Ale, Black Pearl Porter, Oatmeal Porter
distributistdad is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #174
tre9er
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,371
iTrader: (0)
Liked 241 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

I would but I have about 6 jars (over 1.5L) of that WLP500 yeast that I'M trying to get rid of. I've made so many belgian beers I'm quite sick of them! I also have about 1.5L of US-05 slurry, too.
__________________
_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!
tre9er is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #175
tre9er
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,371
iTrader: (0)
Liked 241 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

I brewed a Honey Cascade beer seat-of-my-pants last weekend. Hoping for big honey aroma/flavor from the malt (have used before but never got enough of it) as I used 2lbs. in 9g batch. The cascades were whole-hops form Rhynalds in Prague, NE. I'll also be dry-hopping it with them next week.

I think it's time for me to get back to basic beers. I've done the belgians, the fruit beers, the weird banana-muffin-vanilla-such-and-such beeers...What I really enjoy is a good PA, IPA, and dark-ish lagers like Marzens. I've also been trying to source some 1+g glass containers (pickle jars, old carlo rossi wine jugs, anything) for small-batches brewed on the stove-top. That way I can experiment quickly and without having two kegs of beer to drink that may not have turned out how I wanted (anyone want some Belgian blonde? I'm so tired of belgian beers...have I mentioned that yet??!?!)
__________________
_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!
tre9er is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #176
dpatrickv
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 554
iTrader: (1)
Liked 76 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er View Post
I brewed a Honey Cascade beer seat-of-my-pants last weekend. Hoping for big honey aroma/flavor from the malt (have used before but never got enough of it) as I used 2lbs. in 9g batch. The cascades were whole-hops form Rhynalds in Prague, NE. I'll also be dry-hopping it with them next week.

I think it's time for me to get back to basic beers. I've done the belgians, the fruit beers, the weird banana-muffin-vanilla-such-and-such beeers...What I really enjoy is a good PA, IPA, and dark-ish lagers like Marzens. I've also been trying to source some 1+g glass containers (pickle jars, old carlo rossi wine jugs, anything) for small-batches brewed on the stove-top. That way I can experiment quickly and without having two kegs of beer to drink that may not have turned out how I wanted (anyone want some Belgian blonde? I'm so tired of belgian beers...have I mentioned that yet??!?!)
I'll steal a couple bottles from ya tonight when I pick up my grain!
__________________
VanderHop Brewing/Dpatrickv on Untappd
Kegged
The DP Special; Snowpocalypse;Black Sand CA; November 4orX.5; November 4orX.6 Singling out the Madness IPA; Port Royal Imperial Brown; Dwight Day IPA; The Impression that I Get; Sell Out; Frontier Justice
Primary/Secondary
dpatrickv is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #177
tre9er
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,371
iTrader: (0)
Liked 241 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatrickv View Post
I'll steal a couple bottles from ya tonight when I pick up my grain!
OK, I might be bottling them when you get there, in fact. They're in the keg now.
__________________
_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!
tre9er is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #178
BSDrews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er
The cascades were whole-hops form Rhynalds in Prague, NE. I'll also be dry-hopping it with them next week.

)
Have you used their hops before? I talked with them and they said $20/pound for cascade. A little higher than I might be able to find, but I feel supporting local growers would be worth it.
BSDrews is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #179
tre9er
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,371
iTrader: (0)
Liked 241 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDrews View Post
Have you used their hops before? I talked with them and they said $20/pound for cascade. A little higher than I might be able to find, but I feel supporting local growers would be worth it.
This is first time, but I know that Blue Blood and Empyrean breweries both have used them (Blue Blood uses them exclusively, or did at one time). For fresh local hops that's really not a bad price, though. You can also buy them by the ounce and one of their guys will meet you in Lincoln (Two of them work for BNSF), which is cool (no shipping).
__________________
_________________________________
Skal!
Den Faaborg Bryggeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!
tre9er is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #180
davebstock
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

I will be doing a vanilla creme ale and the Odell's easy street wheat beer this weekend. Going to split the wheat and make a citrus and a raspberry wheat in secondary.


__________________
1 Timothy 5:23
davebstock is offline
BigRedHopHead Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nebraska Group Buy tre9er Nebraska HomeBrew Forum 1 02-07-2013 05:57 PM
Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy CidahMastah Group Buys 1305 09-05-2012 01:43 PM
CT Group buy round 2 NuclearRich Group Buys 155 10-24-2011 07:49 PM
SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 4 Group Grain Buy CidahMastah Group Buys 346 10-06-2011 08:25 PM


Forum Jump