Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmanbrewster

Reaction score
Im new here and have a few interesting questions. First, I have a siason that went from 1.050 down to 1.003 in a week. 3724 yeast and tastes fine. Has anyone had one go down that quick. Second, I want to try a Ipa fermented first week with ale yeast, cold crash rack to secondary with lager yeast for a month. Anyone know what might come of that. Third a recipe that is similar to de ranke noir. Dark belgian ale.

At the temps that a saison is usually fermented at, a week to ferment doesn't surprise me.

Lagering an IPA seems counter-productive to me as hop aroma and flavor fade with time. Of course that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try it. If you do, I think a dry hop toward the end of the lagering time would be essential.

Thanks for the reply the siason turned out great.

I did my first all grain doing an amber ipa/lager 10lbs 2 row, 1lbs munich, 1lbs c-44. Contacted wyeast and used 1968 english esb for 36 hours. About to cold crash tonight, than rack to secondary, aerate, pitch 2007 pilsen wait a few weeks, bring up to 60 and dry hop for the latter part. Seems like alot but I want to try it.

Back