Orlando Deal Located!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bozman

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I am new around here and thought it best to start out by contributing something. I am currently trying to transition to all grain brewing, but the price of the big brew pot gave me pause, until I went to a Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Currently the ReStore located at 4835 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, Florida 32803 has a 33 quart (8.25 gallon) pot for sale for $10. I was in there this past Saturday and they had 9 on the shelf, all of which are brand new. This pot is a GraniteWare Canning Pot. John J. Palmer referred to it in his "How to Brew" book as the "black and white speckled" pot. It is not as high quality as a stainless steel pot, but with care it can last a while (I have been using a much smaller size of the same brand). I'm sure the $10 price can't be beat either!

I've been to Heart's a few times, unfortuantley in my experience if you are new to brewing and need help they were less than enthusiastic to provide assistance. I felt as though they were talking down to me. I now do my shopping at a new place, The Sanford Homebrew Shop. One of the guys there spent an hour with me going over every style of grain they sell. Anyway, neither of these places sell a brew pot as large as 8 gallons for the $10 price at the ReStore :D

Back