Lol - Page 10 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Lol

Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #91
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2196 Times on 1377 Posts

PP, out of respect I'd like to add to your thread. I'm just not that computer literate. Happy New Year my friend.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #92
opus345

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Liked 177 Times on 133 Posts

You want geeky? Anybody remember when a trip to the valley was not complete unless you could visit Fry's (the original in Sunnyvale). Where else could you find an EPROM programmer and a Playboy in the same store. I can remember walking the aisles in awe.

Or how about a drive just to hang out in the PARC's parking lot or even a visit to SLAC?

Sleepycat Brewery

Old 01-02-2013, 03:07 AM   #93
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus345 View Post
You want geeky? Anybody remember when a trip to the valley was not complete unless you could visit Fry's (the original in Sunnyvale). Where else could you find an EPROM programmer and a Playboy in the same store. I can remember walking the aisles in awe.

Or how about a drive just to hang out in the PARC's parking lot or even a visit to SLAC?
Bah, that's not being geeky... Besides, for those of us NOT in that area, all that's meaningless.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #94
opus345

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Liked 177 Times on 133 Posts

I lived halfway across the country and a Fry's visit was always talked about when you returned. Now, Fry's is just another ugly online retailer.

Sleepycat Brewery

passedpawn Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 AM   #95
BigPicture
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Sacramento, CA
Liked 54 Times on 40 Posts

I used to live at Fry's. I would walk the isles and just dream of all the stuff I could do. I would go just about once a week without a dime in my pocket. It was a big event when I could actually buy something!

Since I've enjoyed reading this so much, let me pass on some internet techy goodness. www.techbargains.com

You'll be glad you did.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #96
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5012 Times on 3383 Posts

My friend used to host a BBS. It was a motherboard hanging on a nail on the wall of his closet. The PSU and HDD sat on the shelf under it.

There was another BBS with a Pr0n competition. Best Pr0n image uploaded got free access to the site for a year. I waited anxiously to see the winning upload. I can only say that I was young and naive back then and that some things can never be unseen.

My BIL and I used to upgrade the modem every time a newer, faster model came out. 300, 1200, 4800, 9600, etc. I still got a pile of Hayes 56K and a few 9600s at work.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #97
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7021 Times on 4156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
My friend used to host a BBS. It was a motherboard hanging on a nail on the wall of his closet. The PSU and HDD sat on the shelf under it.

There was another BBS with a Pr0n competition. Best Pr0n image uploaded got free access to the site for a year. I waited anxiously to see the winning upload. I can only say that I was young and naive back then and that some things can never be unseen.
Made me think of these guys that used to run boards off Amigas. There is a member here who worked on the Amiga's Video Toaster, which was really popular back then for doing video on them. Wil Wheaton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
My BIL and I used to upgrade the modem every time a newer, faster model came out. 300, 1200, 4800, 9600, etc. I still got a pile of Hayes 56K and a few 9600s at work.
Hah, yes, I got a new modem every 6 months it seemed. They kept doubling. By the time I got the 56k I was envying the new cable modem speeds and soon jumped into that. No more wondering who was trying to make a frigging call while I was online.