Oh, one trick to bottling... Do it in your dishwasher.
1. Let the fermenter rest on the counter for a few hours to settle the sediment
2. Wash the bottles in the dishwasher if you have a serialize feature (mine does and it works great!)
3. Take the bottles out and dip the top in sanitizer (just a precaution)
4. Place the bottles right side up in the dishwasher racks (get them to stand up straight)
5. With the dishwasher door open. Start filling. Any mess you make will fall onto the door and wash away when you close after you're finished
6. Cap the bottles on the counter (they tend to have a hard time standing up once their full if left in the dishwasher rack) or even better, in the sink.
Wipe up the counter, load and run the dishwasher when you're done. Stale beer is disgusting after a few days in a dishwasher. Easy breezy and shouldnt take long.