Caribou Slobber - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Caribou Slobber

Old 09-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
astebelton
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Beavercreek, Ohio
Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I was converting a NB Extract Kit to a full boil a few months back and asked NB. Here was their reply:

The general rule of thumb that I would follow for doing one of our extract kits as a full boil would be to add all of the extract at the beginning (no late extract additions), and to follow the hop schedule on the All Grain kit instructions.

The instructions for each kit are available on the kit page, under the additional information tab.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Cheers,
Gabe

Old 09-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
gumpbrew
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Fremont, MI
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Does doing a full boil make the beer better vs. just topping off with water at the end?

Old 09-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
amandabab
Recipes 

Mar 2012
spokane, wa
Liked 241 Times on 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by astebelton View Post
I was converting a NB Extract Kit to a full boil a few months back and asked NB. Here was their reply:

The general rule of thumb that I would follow for doing one of our extract kits as a full boil would be to add all of the extract at the beginning (no late extract additions), and to follow the hop schedule on the All Grain kit instructions.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Cheers,
Gabe
I prefer that method over late extract addition

Old 09-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
Eli55
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Fontana, Ca
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

What happens by steeping grains in the full boil volume? Is it a taste or extraction issue?