I am an idiot - Page 144 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I am an idiot

Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #1431
feinbera
Recipes 

Aug 2012
San Francisco, CA
Liked 206 Times on 158 Posts

It is the toga. A tofu toga.

Don't ask what's in the special sauce.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #1432
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
Here's the thing. I love togu. I love sprouts and quinao or however you spell it. I had a "macrobiotic" salad once that blew me away...

but I cant eat just all that. I'm a food liberal. Cutting something out of your diet, I hate to say it, make you a food racist.
Same here. I have gone a few months eating only vegetarian. I've even gone vegan for a month or so. Tempeh, tofu, seitan is all good. I especially like making sushi rolls with tempeh. I still eat all those things periodically, but I can't stick only to vegetarian/vegan cuisine. It's great for those that want to eat or live their life that way. More power to them. But I love meat. Beef, pork, poultry, venison etc. I both can't and lack the desire to cut all that out of my diet. I just pretty much eat everything.
I've never had togu, though. Is that the rip off version of tofu?

Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #1433
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Here's the thing. I love togu. I love sprouts and quinao or however you spell it. I had a "macrobiotic" salad once that blew me away...

but I cant eat just all that. I'm a food liberal. Cutting something out of your diet, I hate to say it, make you a food racist.
What is Togu?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #1434
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS

Same here. I have gone a few months eating only vegetarian. I've even gone vegan for a month or so. Tempeh, tofu, seitan is all good. I especially like making sushi rolls with tempeh. I still eat all those things periodically, but I can't stick only to vegetarian/vegan cuisine. It's great for those that want to eat or live their life that way. More power to them. But I love meat. Beef, pork, poultry, venison etc. I both can't and lack the desire to cut all that out of my diet. I just pretty much eat everything.
I've never had togu, though. Is that the rip off version of tofu?
I'll have to admit I am bacon curious.

Leadgolem Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #1435
bleme

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Visalia, CA
Liked 320 Times on 234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

One of my friends in college was vegetarian but twice she had to opportunity to try a meat that looked do delicious that she couldn't pass it up. Both times she said it gave her a stomach ache as her body had stopped producing the enzymes needed to digest meat.

She said it was still worth it tho!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #1436
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleme

One of my friends in college was vegetarian but twice she had to opportunity to try a meat that looked do delicious that she couldn't pass it up. Both times she said it gave her a stomach ache as her body had stopped producing the enzymes needed to digest meat.

She said it was still worth it tho!
Yeah I'd start small. I've been eating a little fish over the last year or so with no problems, I don't know how my body would do with non fish though.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #1437
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2135 Times on 1410 Posts

bomber, I hereby volunteer to be your omnivorous spiritual guide if you are ever in ny.

you tool.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #1438
feinbera
Recipes 

Aug 2012
San Francisco, CA
Liked 206 Times on 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
I have this T-shirt:

SWMBO, who is a life-long vegetarian, is not amused.

After the third time we're out at the bar and some girl walked up to me all like "OMG, I used to be vegetarian, but bacon lured me back to the dark side!", I'm no longer allowed to wear it out.

Subsailor Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #1439
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
bomber, I hereby volunteer to be your omnivorous spiritual guide if you are ever in ny.

you tool.
Ha, I have a friend named Jay, he is a balding little Jewish kid with glasses who is a solid foot shorter and hundred pounds lighter than I, and he is constantly giving me crap about not being manly enough because I don't eat meat. You're a lot like him
Quote:
Originally Posted by feinbera

I have this T-shirt:

SWMBO, who is a life-long vegetarian, is not amused.

After the third time we're out at the bar and some girl walked up to me all like "OMG, I used to be vegetarian, but bacon lured me back to the dark side!", I'm no longer allowed to wear it out.
That's awesome lol... I'm not going to lie, it sounds delicious.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #1440
cheezydemon3
Recipes 

Nov 2009
louisville
Liked 1672 Times on 1251 Posts

My sister, vegetarian, converted by bacon.