conversion uncertainty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

left field brewer

Reaction score
I am making a wheat with the WL begian wit and I am new to all grain. I've been doing partial mashes for a while. Anyways, I got 3lbs white wheat, 1lb US Bonlander, 1lb US Pils, 6oz US crystal 10, 4-6oz flaked wheat, and 4 oz carapils. My question is will there be enough enzymatic power to convert all the wheat starches.

I don't know much about the bolander, but if I'm doing a wheat heavy mash I usually add a pound of 6-row, it has pretty high enzymatic power. My guess is that a pound of 6-row would help a lot in your mash.

Plenty. The malted wheat (I am assuming it is malted) has plenty of diastatic power, in addition to the barley malt. 4 - 6 oz of flaked wheat is very little to worry about.

Thanks, and yes it is malted white wheat. I'll also be adding fresh cherries and a touch of honey at the end of the boil, as well as a few cherries in the secondary.

Latest posts

Back