New Brewer in Ottawa, Ontario

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vidar

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to brewing beers (just finished my first "kit" beer last week and shared some with friends this past weekend).

I'm looking to get adventurous pretty quickly and start doing most of it with more than a "malt" kit. I was gifted a book called "The Homewbrewers Companion" by Charlie Papazian and saw a few recipes I'd love to try. I'm looking for online resources to purchase ingredients as here in Ottawa we're a bit stunted in the homebrew stores.

I've brewed many batches of mead in the past and will be brewing more in the future, but beer has become a huge interest for me. Any suggestions on places to get ingredients that are good and reasonably priced would be appreciated!

Cheers!! :mug:

vidar said:
Hey all,

I'm new to brewing beers (just finished my first "kit" beer last week and shared some with friends this past weekend).

I'm looking to get adventurous pretty quickly and start doing most of it with more than a "malt" kit. I was gifted a book called "The Homewbrewers Companion" by Charlie Papazian and saw a few recipes I'd love to try. I'm looking for online resources to purchase ingredients as here in Ottawa we're a bit stunted in the homebrew stores.

I've brewed many batches of mead in the past and will be brewing more in the future, but beer has become a huge interest for me. Any suggestions on places to get ingredients that are good and reasonably priced would be appreciated!

Cheers!! :mug:

Try Defalcos in Ottaw. They have a few stores and can get all you'll really need. Canadian Homebrew Supply will also ship what you can't get at Defalcos.

Back