Home Brewer competition at NC State Fair 2012 - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > Home Brewer competition at NC State Fair 2012

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
citralovessorachi
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Durham, North Carolina
Posts: 15
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Looks like they're planning to release results today! http://www.facebook.com/NCBrewersCup

I've got a best bitter, a strong belgian golden, and a pale ale awaiting their fate...

Good luck, everyone!


__________________
Tap One: Chamomile Pale Ale
Tap Two: Free
Tap Three: Dank IPA
Primary Fermentation: Smoked Amber Saison + Breakfast Stout
Secondary Fermentation: Imperial Belgian IPA
Upcoming: Original Bitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
Jtd6628
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Durham, NC
Posts: 267


screw pabst blue ribbon i can make a blue ribbon beer 1st in one category and 3rd in another. http://ncbrewerscup.org/2012-awards/



 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #13
seatbelt123
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Durham, NC
Posts: 391
Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by citralovessorachi
Looks like they're planning to release results today! http://www.facebook.com/NCBrewersCup

I've got a best bitter, a strong belgian golden, and a pale ale awaiting their fate...

Good luck, everyone!
Very cool, Front street from Wilmington won best in show. Anybody know any brewers?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
citralovessorachi
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Durham, North Carolina
Posts: 15
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Results!

CLASS 206: ENGLISH PALE ALE
3. Paul Hobson – Standard Ordinary Bitter (8A, 206, AB-00006)

CLASS 214: BELGIAN STRONG ALE
Honorable Mention Paul Hobson – Belgian Golden Strong Ale (18D, 214, AB-00014)

My husband was the lead brewer, I am his assistant/equipment & supplies manager. We're pretty thrilled, honestly. Both of us are dying to see if there are any notes.

Also so happy for Chris Creech's best in show--truly one of the nicest guys in the beer community. That guy makes phenomenal beer and writes a great blog too: http://www.nchomebrewing.com/

Anyone else doing Brew Durham/Piedmont/Homebrews for Hunger in the coming weeks?
__________________
Tap One: Chamomile Pale Ale
Tap Two: Free
Tap Three: Dank IPA
Primary Fermentation: Smoked Amber Saison + Breakfast Stout
Secondary Fermentation: Imperial Belgian IPA
Upcoming: Original Bitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #15
seatbelt123
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Durham, NC
Posts: 391
Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by citralovessorachi
Results!

CLASS 206: ENGLISH PALE ALE
3. Paul Hobson – Standard Ordinary Bitter (8A, 206, AB-00006)

CLASS 214: BELGIAN STRONG ALE
Honorable Mention Paul Hobson – Belgian Golden Strong Ale (18D, 214, AB-00014)

My husband was the lead brewer, I am his assistant/equipment & supplies manager. We're pretty thrilled, honestly. Both of us are dying to see if there are any notes.

Also so happy for Chris Creech's best in show--truly one of the nicest guys in the beer community. That guy makes phenomenal beer and writes a great blog too: http://www.nchomebrewing.com/

Anyone else doing Brew Durham/Piedmont/Homebrews for Hunger in the coming weeks?
Awesome! Way to go. Now you need to share those recipes Mrs. Cobrewer!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
seatbelt123
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Durham, NC
Posts: 391
Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts


@citra, yes, my buddy and I are bringing 20 gallons to home brew for hunger. In fact I have a sahti inspired ale with juniper berries bubbling away right now. You going too?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
elvestinkle
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Raleigh, NC
Posts: 144
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts


That's pretty awesome--congrats, you guys. I guess with 144 entries it had to be some pretty stellar beer.

I would also love to see a feedback sheet, but I guess that's also what the Piedmont is for.

*kicks dirt* I lost 3 bottles of imperial stout to those judges...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #18
matt-tastic
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Concord, NC
Posts: 85
Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts


CLASS 215: SMOKE-FLAVORED & WOOD-AGED BEER

Neil White & Siegfried Johnson – Godswood Bourbon Oak Porter Wood Aged Beer (22C, 215, AB-00015)
Mathew Ledbetter – Ghost Ship Whiskey Stout Wood-Aged Beer (22C, 215, AB-00015)
Christopher Eure – Other Smoked Beer – smoked porter (22 B, 215, AB-00015)

I'll take second place for my first entry. I didn't get to enter my Kolsch, but This whiskey stout I helped my brother and I made was VERY good. Also, a good friend of mine made 1st! I'm always happy to see a friend do better than me

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #19
Jtd6628
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Durham, NC
Posts: 267


Quote:
Originally Posted by elvestinkle

I would also love to see a feedback sheet, but I guess that's also what the Piedmont is for.
You really think we want get any BJCP score sheets that's why I paid to enter.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #20
citralovessorachi
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Durham, North Carolina
Posts: 15
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by seatbelt123 View Post
@citra, yes, my buddy and I are bringing 20 gallons to home brew for hunger. In fact I have a sahti inspired ale with juniper berries bubbling away right now. You going too?
20 gallons--nice! I like DH's sahti so much more than I ever thought I would. Can't wait to try it and say hi!

We're bringing 10 gallons--that is all we're really set up to serve, we have a 2 keg portable system. Brewed a breakfast stout yesterday, and I'm thinking we will brew our (award-winning, ahem) original bitter too.

Congrats to all winners of the BC--I am also hoping we get BJCP notes, but not holding my breath.


__________________
Tap One: Chamomile Pale Ale
Tap Two: Free
Tap Three: Dank IPA
Primary Fermentation: Smoked Amber Saison + Breakfast Stout
Secondary Fermentation: Imperial Belgian IPA
Upcoming: Original Bitter

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Piedmont Brewer's Cup (Homebrew Competition), Raleigh, NC federalbeerguy South East Homebrew Forum 0 09-15-2011 02:13 PM
Anyone going to the Piedmont Brewer’s Cup awards ceremony DirtyPolock South East Homebrew Forum 1 11-12-2010 09:06 PM
Piedmont Brewer's Cup Homebrew Competition - NC, SC, GA, TN, and VA geistbear South East Homebrew Forum 3 10-29-2010 03:01 AM
Laws about home brew kegs at bars in NC? nathan South East Homebrew Forum 5 06-27-2008 11:35 AM


Forum Jump