Its official

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose5

Reaction score
My wife bought a new stove. One with a glass top. She has decreed no brewing on the new stove. Ive been officially kicked outside. One boil over. Just one stinking boil over. I cleaned it up. A clean up would be much easier on a glass top I said. Nope. Nothing doing. Outside you damned, dirty brewer.

This could be the best thing that has happened to your brewing, amigo! This gives you an excuse to get a propane burner and a massive brewpot and start going allgrain (if you haven't already) or at least start increasing batch sizes!

To having your own area for brewing! :mug:

If it keeps the wife happy move your brewing down the street, whatever it takes. The happier she is the less she will care about how much you spend.

'Twas the smell, that wonderful glorious smell of hops boiling in the kettle that cause my banishment to the basement. So I built a brew room and upgraded to 5 gallons from 3.

Ooh, I love the 12" burner on my glass top stove. Perfect for BIAB. Get some of that citric acid cleaner and a straight edge scraper. And a scale, because the stove top is only rated for 50 pounds (I literally weigh the boil pot before putting it on the stove).

Or move outside and just hose everything down afterwards and don't worry about how much the pot weighs. Hmm, put that way outside sounds pretty good. Say "thank you! thank you!" to your wife and get an outstanding propane setup. :mug:

She got a stove, you should get a brewing appliance. It's only fair. Espically since you were exiled

As others have mentioned... This is a perfect opportunity to build the brew stand of your dreams! And it's all thanks to her banishing you! You may see this as the glass is half empty, I see it as half full.

Sounds like the time and place for an electric 10 gallon brewing system. This may or may not be an incident of transferrence on my part as I want to invest in an electric 10g brewing system. *

* It is indeed.

I was thrilled to get to use my shop for something else, new and exciting. I feel like Fronk-N-stone when I get my cooker going and sit there waiting for the brew to boil. All I keep hearing is a line from the Wizard of Oz, ("My Beauties"). It gives me a chance to be alone with my thoughts and scheme the eventual plan for world domination, )right after breakfast). I have a plan for a brew room on the cheap from Blue board insulation and duct tape for the seams. If it needs a llittle stiffening I plan to add a furring strip or two. The room can then be temp controlled with a small window unit AC and a small quarts electric heater. Once I get my shop cleaned out and the brew room built I will only need to come in to sleep and poop. While I am tinkering I can make stuff on my lathes and mills and run my Torchmate CNC machine. Sounds like I have hit the lotto on this one. SWMBO is in 100% agreement, so I have no issues with my budget since we do not mix money. She has hers, I have mine and we split the bills accordingly. Works great and I can plan for my entertainment with very few distractions or unforseen cash requirements. It would really be nice to get one of theose rent to own Handi House sheds and make it a clean room for my expensive tools and diving gear. Then I would have a much larger than 8X8 area foro brewing. Just need to figure ot how to vent the heat and exhaust from the burner. Safety is most important when you start building things that consume O2. So I have a plan, just need to implement it and keep going. Have fun and remember this is a hobby, if it aint fun it is your fault and you need to look at why you are doing it.
Bob

Sounds like the time and place for an electric 10 gallon brewing system. This may or may not be an incident of transferrence on my part as I want to invest in an electric 10g brewing system. *

* It is indeed.

Now you're talking. That's how a proper negotiation should work.

She gets her new stove - you get your new brew set up.
Anything less...you might as well wave to your balls on your way outside to brew.

I wish I could brew outside, take this as a chance to bask in natures glory as you birth the drink of the Gods. Zeus will be happy your wife kicked you out, just get a nice propane burner and enjoy the weather. (dependent on your location.)

Time to build a brew shed!

newsmallshop.jpg

Already built. Actually that's my wood shop. But, I could in a pinch just push the table saw back and go to town.

Back