Hoses/tubing. What's the best out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeb

Reaction score
I need a 1/2" ID hose for my homemade immersion chiller and would like some extra for pulling wort out of my stainless 9-gallon MLT (a Bayou Classic with false bottom and weldless stainless ball valve).

I don't care about saving money on some hoses because I only need 5-10 ft. and just want something that will undoubtedly withstand abuse and high temperatures without any possibility of getting flimsy/distorted and leaching who-knows-what into my hot liquids.

Who knows hoses and can advise me?

Muchas gracias in advance.

I'd use reinforced vinyl for the cold side of your wort chiller, silicone for anything on the hot side of your process (MLT, HLT, pump, etc.). Be sure to get food safe stuff.

I need a 1/2" ID hose for my homemade immersion chiller and would like some extra for pulling wort out of my stainless 9-gallon MLT (a Bayou Classic with false bottom and weldless stainless ball valve).

I don't care about saving money on some hoses because I only need 5-10 ft. and just want something that will undoubtedly withstand abuse and high temperatures without any possibility of getting flimsy/distorted and leaching who-knows-what into my hot liquids.

Who knows hoses and can advise me?

Muchas gracias in advance.

Since the hose will never be imersed in the wurt the best solution is to hack apart a garden hose. This way you already have the hose end fitting you need to screw onto a faucet adapter.

If you are going to citculate your own cold water then 1/2" thick walled vinyl tubing like what's in the following link will work fine.
1/2" ID BIB Tubing: www.kegkits.com

Back