Single vessel "Megabrewery"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megadenis

Reaction score
I begin my story! Sorry for my English!

I brewed beer like this before:
img0057bs.jpg

I wanted to build a compact and user-friendly brewery. Objectives for the project: temperature control, four controlled outputs, program memory, the display voltage and current, emergency shutdown, audible and light indication, temperature, etc. 2 temperature sensor. First for the temperature of the liquid, the second to control the temperature in the overflow into the fermenter. In the future connection of valve control based on temperature. At high temperatures - the valve will close at the set - will be opened. Cooling flow through the chiller.
PID I did not want to use. I decided to do it on Arduino.
My friend wrote a program for the Arduino.
Operating modes: manual mode, auto mode, CIP, settings. The program has five temperature breaks, 8 recipes in memory, check for fluid in the tank, 4 Control output (heating, pump, flow aeration compressor, AUX output).
Program steps can be skipped or paused.
If you connect to a computer via USB, you can control the brewing machine. In the future management of the iPhone and iPad.

The controller now looks like this:
89513207.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

I'll tell you step by step construction.

Your English appears better than others on this forum. Interesting that you would use English labeling on your control panel. The work looks first class! Well done sir!

Even further, I'd love to see the Arduino code if your friend is willing to share. I've been working on something similar on and off for a little while.
Looks awesome! Nice work!

Sweet setup! And your English is clearer than a lot of posters who are presumably native speakers...

Nice! I can't wait to see more details of your build.

Q: in the first picture of the before-time, what's the size of the keg? It looks narrower than the kegs we have over in the states.

Sorry for the delay. Your feedback caress my heart! :) I studied English in school, university and MBA. Now I study English courses, but do not think it is very good. The dream of my life - to go live in America or Canada. My goal for today, find a job in the U.S. or Canada, and successfully immigrate. Pardon my frankness. I think the Native Americans and Canadians are not very fond of.

Start showing more.
Production of control box started with a choice of housing.
Prices in rubles. Rate 1 USD = 31.85 Russian rubles
IMG_0502.jpg

Place the controls. Long and tedious process.
IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

I pasted the entire housing construction paper tape.
IMG_0524.jpg

I cut round holes, a step drill. Need a very sharp drill bit different metal collapses. We have to work a lot with his hands. File is very helpful. Rectangular openings for display, I did Jigsaw. Then processed the file. Now I would not do so. I would give to the laser or milling. It turned out not very sharp.
IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

I do not recommend this paint color. I painted in three layers, but the paint with light contact broke off. I would not paint anymore. Would leave as is.
IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

Nice! I can't wait to see more details of your build.

Q: in the first picture of the before-time, what's the size of the keg? It looks narrower than the kegs we have over in the states.

Thank you!

This is the standard 50l sanke-keg.

Initially. I found this such select button. But they did not like me. I thought a lot of red . :)
IMG_0560.jpg

And I had to replace them with green.
5206d012.jpg

Not fond of Russians? I don't think there are a great many of Americans that don't like Russians anymore? That was a long time ago. Good luck on your dream.
Thank you!
I would say do not like immigrants in general. But they do not like in Russia, too.

Great looking panel. Please tell us about you do this all with a single vessel?

Also, this must be explained before you take us any further:

:tank:
Nice catch OneHoppyGuy!

My setup will operate on the principle of Speidel's Braumeister. This flow flushing.

Congratulations on a great looking brew rig.

I am envious.

megadenis said:
Thank you!
I would say do not like immigrants in general. But they do not like in Russia, too.

I certainly can't speak for all Americans, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for immigrants who come here through appropriate channels. After all, nearly all of us are the result of immigration. What we are arguing about in the political arena is how to effectively address those who sneak in. It isn't fair for you to follow the rules and wait 5 years for US citizenship while paying taxes meanwhile 2,000,000 others cut to the front of the line.

I hear that Russia is very beautiful. Would love to visit one day.

Keep us updated on the progress with your brewer build.

Thank you!

I personally despise ILLEGAL immigrants. Or any that drain our resources and receive welfare that is not entitled to them. Nor make ANY effort to assimilate. The same goes for our natural born citizens that abuse the welfare system. Basically parasites living off the taxpayers. I despise parasites.

Any and all that would contribute to, and be an asset to the country are greatly welcomed. You are one of the latter! :mug:

On a brighter note. Great build and pics so far!!

Probably should get back on topic before someone takes someone the wrong way...

Control panel looks great so far. I'd like more info on how to wire and program the arduino. I have one sitting here I'd love to do something like this with.

Это качественная работа - молодец. Честно говоря, никогда не думал, что есть домашние пивовары в России - самогонщики...это другое дело. Я сам жил два года на Украине и было ОЧЕНЬ тяжело купить самые простые и необходимые вещи как хмель, солод, и т.д. Не помню, сколько ночей я там сидел и мечтал о настоящем ipa.

Это качественная работа - молодец. Честно говоря, никогда не думал, что есть домашние пивовары в России - самогонщики...это другое дело. Я сам жил два года на Украине и было ОЧЕНЬ тяжело купить самые простые и необходимые вещи как хмель, солод, и т.д. Не помню, сколько ночей я там сидел и мечтал о настоящем ipa.

Thank you for your feedback. I did not expect to see here the Russian language!
IPA я варю, считаю (ну не только я), получается не плохо! :)
PS Как тебе удалось вырваться?

For those of us that are Russian illiterates:
This qualitative work - molodets. It is to tell the truth, never thought that exist home brewers in Russia - samogonshchiki...This another matter. I self lived two years on Ukraine and was VERY heavily to buy the most simple and necessary things how khmel, solod, and t.d. Do not remember, how many of nights I there seated and dreamed about present ipa.

Я пытался варить мой Львовский IPA раза три, но не удалось. Дело в том что, я не мог найти chinook или другой американский хмель, только saaz.

Как я вырвался? Родился в Америке, но я часто путешествую по Украине и России. Несколько месяцев назад я посетил Пермь, было очень красиво. Следующий раз я бываю в Перми отправлю тебе сообщение.

paddyfunk
У тебя отключен PM, не могу написать в личку.

Только что проверил мой ящик, был заполнен - тысяча извинений!

I continue my story... Excuse me for a photo. I made them on iPhone. Do not pay attention to the colors of the wires. In Russia, the color you want to buy is difficult.
Control box inside:
All parts purchased from eBay. Apart from a few. In Russia bought: wires, terminal blocks and contactor (power relay) and case. I used 2 types of Chinese Solid State relay. On two pieces 40A and 25A in two pieces. I want to try it from different manufacturers.
31725b3b.jpg

Motherboard is Arduino. This is a temporary solution. I want to establish a commercial release. For this reason, I can not lay out a program to open access. In the future, the motherboard will be manufactured industrially.
20102312.jpg

99e0d250.jpg

To connect buzzer to the Arduino I used the SSR 5A
e581e4c9.jpg

I did not torment yourself, and used ordinary household outlet.
5e0bf990.jpg

064a4593.jpg

I would be happy to answer your questions.

Initially, I compress terminals, but it is not reliable, especially on thin wires. Later, I solder all terminals and connectors. I have not wiring diagrams. I did not do it. I plugged everything at once without the circuit.

Latest posts

Back