Deschutes Clones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool link! Thanks. I've never had one of their beers, but any brewery that is decent enough to give the blueprint is alright in my book.

One of my favorite breweries for sure. I found that on their website a couple months ago, I'm working on an Inversion IPA clone right now. My first attempt wasn't bad but could use some tweaking. That info gives a good starting point though!

Nice. Too bad they leave out mash temp and weight. Guess its time to start experimenting!

My next planned brew is a Jubel Ale clone that was posted on here a while back. Looks like the recipe follows this information.

The wife and I love the Obsidian Stout. Sucks that it's the only Deschutes production beer that can be difficult to find in WA.

I just had their Black Butte Birthday Reserve a couple of weeks ago. It was really good!

I'm brewing a Mirror Pond clone this weekend. I hope it is half as good as theirs.

If you use the Can You Brew it Mirror Pond clone you will be 95-100% on target depending on how well you do it and how picky you want to be.

Even with mash temps & weights, etc. that would not directly translate to anyones home brew set up, so you would have to tweak.

I just picked up a bottle of Black Butte XXIII tonight. I can't wait to open it up for my birthday tomorrow. I spent way too much money on the XXI last year. I need to give brewing this one a go.

Deschutes is awesome, they make a very good representation of every beer they make. If you like a style, you will like their version of it. Red Chair, black butte, Abyss and Hop henge are 4 big stand outs for me.

Deschutes is awesome, they make a very good representation of every beer they make. If you like a style, you will like their version of it. Red Chair, black butte, Abyss and Hop henge are 4 big stand outs for me.

That's pretty much how I view them. I use their beers as a baseline to judge other beers. Jubelale, The Abyss, Red Chair and Hop Trip are my favs.

Not only do they make great beer, they treat the local homebrewers really well. Just picked up my free 3 lb bag of fresh crystal hops at the brewery today.

Back