Anyone want to convert pin locks to ball locks? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > Anyone want to convert pin locks to ball locks?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
brooklanebrewing

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Queen Creek, AZ

Sorry this is a double post. (Not very fond of my computer)

------------->
I got a good deal on some ball-lock kegs that were converted from pin-locks. I already run a pin-lock system and would like to convert them back to pin-locks.

Just wondering if anyone would like to trade keg posts. Basically you would get a new in and out post for each set. I have 4 sets. Since these are essentially new i would be looking for similar condition pin-lock posts (leak free poppets and good o-rings).

These are made for pin-lock kegs so i'm not sure if they would fit on ball-locks.

Thanks

Reason: double post

Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
drocu
Recipes 

May 2011
Rochester, NY
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm interested. I have 3 pin-lock kegs that I have yet to use because I tend to use the ball lock ones. I've pressure tested them so I know the poppets are good. I could hook up some qd's and check the o-rings to make sure they're good too.

Since I don't know too much about pin lock kegs, are all of the posts interchangeable? I know posts for ball locks aren't (Corny, Firestone, etc.). My pin lock kegs are all old Coke ones.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
rwcbrew
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Redwood City, CA

A note of caution.

If these are like the "CornyKeg Pin/Ball Lock Conversion Kit"
http://www.cornykeg.com/catalog.asp?prodid=682504
then it seems they might not work for Cornelius brand pin lock kegs.

I'd be happy to be wrong tho since I have 2 Cornelius brand pin lock kegs that I'd like to convert to ball lock. (So please let me know if there's a solution for me other than trade.)

Old 09-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
JRems
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Mahopac, NY
Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts

I posted in your other thread, the guy above has 3 sets and I have one set. So let me know if you want to trade. Thanks.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
brooklanebrewing

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Queen Creek, AZ

Sounds good drocu and JRems. i was thinking i would send them out in one of those small flat rate boxes or a padded envelope depending on what is cheaper.
If you guys want to sent me your address in a PM i can reply with mine. I actually have beer in two of the kegs so i will have to do some transferring.
I also have one set of ball lock QDs. one has a flared fitting and one is barbed. i'd potentially be looking for a set of flared fitting QDs if someone wanted to trade those as well.

Thanks

Old 09-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
brooklanebrewing

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Queen Creek, AZ

Yes rwcbrew these are the same as that kit. They work on the firestones and hoovers.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
drocu
Recipes 

May 2011
Rochester, NY
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklanebrewing View Post
Sounds good drocu and JRems. i was thinking i would send them out in one of those small flat rate boxes or a padded envelope depending on what is cheaper.
If you guys want to sent me your address in a PM i can reply with mine. I actually have beer in two of the kegs so i will have to do some transferring.
I also have one set of ball lock QDs. one has a flared fitting and one is barbed. i'd potentially be looking for a set of flared fitting QDs if someone wanted to trade those as well.

Thanks
Let me check out my kegs later tonight. I haven't had an opportunity to do so.

And yeah, if this works out well, I do have a pair of flared pin lock QD's that I wouldn't need.

Edit: Never mind, my pin lock kegs are Cornelius brand so these adapters won't work. Sorry that I can't help you out.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:01 AM   #8
brooklanebrewing

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Queen Creek, AZ

Oh well, thanks anyway drocu

Old 09-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
atoyot

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Whidbey Island, WA
Liked 23 Times on 9 Posts

I have two sets I'd be willing to swap with you.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #10
SCHUWEET
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Helotes, TX, TX

All my pin locks are idle, so if anything falls through let me know via PM.
I do have a extra set of flared/barbed QD's that you welcome to trade if this happens.

Thx.