This question probably gets asked here 82 times a month... but, what is your opinion on re-using wine corks? I'm set to bottle 5 gal of chianti this weekend, but only have 10 or so new/brewshop-bought corks. However, I have about 18 months' supply of corks from various wines I've enjoyed. Just wondering if:
1. it's a good/OK idea to re-use corks
2. if there is any special way to sanitize used corks
3. any concern with aging wine with used corks, including storing horizontally (leakage?)
4. preference of re-using real cork or synthetic
5. other comments, suggestions... ?