Is this not the most ridiculous song? Look at the lyrics - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Is this not the most ridiculous song? Look at the lyrics

Old 03-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
McMalty
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Lisbon, Maryland
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

This freaking song is terrible. I've heard it a hundred times, but i still cannot get over how freaking stupid it is. None of it makes any sense. I just heard it on tv and became enraged. thoughts? if u love this song, please explain why. And his hair was perfect? WTF does that mean?

Werewolves of London

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
walkin through the streets of Soho in the rain.
He was lookin for the place called Lee Ho Fooks, gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein.

Chorus:
Aaahoo, werewolves of London
Aaahoo(2x)

Ya hear him howlin around your kitchen door, ya better not let him in.
Little old lady got mutilated late last night, werewolves of London again.

Chorus 2x

He's the hairy, hairy gent, who ran amok in Kent.
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair.
You better stay away from him, he'll rip your lungs out Jim.

Huh, I'd like to meet his tailor.

Chorus 2x

Well, I saw Lon Chaney walkin with the queen, doing the werewolves of London.
I saw Lon Chaney Jr. walkin with the queen, doin the werewolves of London
I saw a werewolf drinkin a pina colada at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect.

ahhhooooo, werewolves of London
Draw blood

Old 03-19-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Fid
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Seattle
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Who the hell knows how accurate any of this stuff actually is but
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1287
Seems like the song just came together organically.
Also, I love this song, I have no idea why really but I'm pretty sure that its got alot to do with the one lyric that is left out of your post....

After the "and his hair was perfect line" there is a pause and Warren says "YUP" or maybe just makes some weird noise. Dumb reason to like a song? For sure, but for some reason it does it for me.

I will say however that Kid Rock kinda ruined it for me with that song he sampled this for.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #3
Hoppin_Mad
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Dallas, Texas
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I don't love this song, but I do like it. His vocals are a little over the top for me, but I guess that is the point. I don't think the lyrics are bad at all, just surreal. Alot of Bob Dylan and Beatles best work have lyrics that are alot more obscure than this - see I am the Walrus

Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
McMalty
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Lisbon, Maryland

when i hear it, i kinda like it, but when i actually listen to it, it's so terrible, wth

Old 03-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #5
steinsato
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Santa Fe, NM
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

www.songfacts.com I really don't think there is a meaning to this song. Do songs need to have meanings? I like the song, why would the lyrics need to have some deep poetic meaning to make it a good song?

Old 03-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #6
McMalty
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Lisbon, Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppin_Mad View Post
I don't love this song, but I do like it. His vocals are a little over the top for me, but I guess that is the point. I don't think the lyrics are bad at all, just surreal. Alot of Bob Dylan and Beatles best work have lyrics that are alot more obscure than this - see I am the Walrus
only diff is that the beatles and dylan backed it up by having other songs that were amazing instead of just one ridiculous song that makes no sense whatsoever. i'm ranting, sorry, i don't hate the song that much, but i actually do b/c the lyrics are so freaking stupid

Old 03-19-2011, 01:44 AM   #7
McMalty
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Lisbon, Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinsato View Post
www.songfacts.com I really don't think there is a meaning to this song. Do songs need to have meanings? I like the song, why would the lyrics need to have some deep poetic meaning to make it a good song?
no, ur right, i'm just commenting b/c this song annoys the $hit out of me. it has no meaning and it doesn't have to, maybe i wish i wrote a song about nonsense and lived off of it for the rest of my life. hell, i could do it right now

Old 03-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #8
certaut
Recipes 

Dec 2010
hughes springs, Texas
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

maybe don't listen to it if it upsets you

Old 03-19-2011, 01:50 AM   #9
brewmonk
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Sharon,MA
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

aaaaaaa oooooooooooooo

Old 03-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #10
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest
Liked 808 Times on 512 Posts

I love this song. I don't find it necessary to find a deep or even superficial meaning in it to enjoy it. The tune is catchy and infectious, and the lyrics paint a comical picture of a beast with classy/upscale mannerisms.