Penrose Kettle - Thermometer and sight gauge location

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbarrows

Reaction score
I have been working with the guys at Brewhemoth to get an order placed for the Penrose kettle (thanks Josh and Dale!). Now that they are back in action I am ready to pull the trigger.

http://brewhemoth.com/penrose-kettle

I want to add a coupling for a thermometer and a sight gauge. That is no problem on their end, but I need to tell them the location.

It might not even matter, but does anyone have any suggestions? I noticed that some are placed off to the side and some a few inches about the ball valve.

Thanks!

I would add 2 couplings... one above the ball valve for a thermometer and one to the left of the ball valve for the sight gauge.. I don't like the thermometer to be at the bottom of the kettle...more in the middle.. maybe lower middle for smaller batches.

why not add a 3rd for a whirlpool inlet? cheaper now then later.. and you can always put a SS plug in the coupling if you are not going to use it now.

I'm thinking of the exact same configuration, plus the whirlpool inlet at the top. I e-mailed them for a quote.

May mock something up in Visio tomorrow and post it.

Just curious if you ever mocked anything up, or have pictures of what you finally went with.

I've got a standard Penrose kettle with no customizations, but I'm thinking about getting another one, and I'd be really interested to see how others have pimped theirs. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back